© RED6 TACTICAL 2014, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
Faced with the events of active shooter incidents like the VA Tech and others across our nations, law enforcement and private security professionals within every community must acknowledge the absolute need for a shift in emergency deployment, tactics, policy, and protocol for first responders to effectively respond to and stop an active shooter incident.
The Active Shooter Training Program (ASTP) is designed to qualify the student by instilling the knowledge and skills to successfully handle an active threat event. This course will provide the student with proficiency and attitude through hands on training to manage these situations. The course takes Active Shooter Tactics Training to the next level utilizing dynamic interactive drills and scenario based training. This course is an intensive 3-day 30 hour training program that covers a variety of tactical subject matters to include; Individual and team movement and operational formation. In addition, this program focuses on the role and responsibilities of the responding officers.
This training is conducted by instructors that have extensive tactical experience in planning, commanding, and participating in the successful resolution of hundreds of critical incidents. Each element of instruction is based on lessons learned through “real life” experiences and the training standards that have been certified by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
- Historic Overview of Active Shooter Events
- Radical Islamic Terrorism and Future Active Threats
- Survival Mindset and Principles of Active Threat
- Basic Tactics and Individual Tactic Skills
- Clearing Hallways, Stairwells and Rooms
- Barricade/Hostage Situations
- Shooting on the move and CQB skills
- Emergency Evacuation of Casualties
- Force-on-Force Active Threat Encounters using Air Soft Weapons
- Approach, Containment, and Perimeter
- 200 rounds of handgun and 200 rifle ammunition
- Pistol, holster, three magazines (five if not high capacity), M4 type weapon if issued, air soft weapons, magazine holders, belt, eye protection, ear protection, water bottle, rain gear, and weapons cleaning kit
- Current Law Enforcement, Active Duty Military, Private Security Professionals
* Upon successful completion of this course, each student will receive a certificate of completion.
RED6 Active Shooter Training Program (3 Day)